Forevermore

What measure does man have of love?
Be they sighs, sonnets, tears or lore?
I know no standard for an unending passion!
Come! Behold a love that is forevermore.

They say nothing is as fertile as a man’s mind
Where imaginativeness breeds sheer marvels.
And so I thought until I laid eyes on that dame.
For she made all my creations, a rant, drivel.

Whatever I wrote or said of beauty, not just I
But all the bards, artistes and lovers combined,
Pales, understates, outright loses its sheen,
For the lass that lives in my heart and mind.

What of spring flowers, or summer morns?
Or autumn leaves, or the wintery snow?
They are but flickering flames to my sun!
To my great love, my lady, let this be known.

And what of angels, and heaven’s manna?
Or the sights and sounds and aromas divine?
I challenge thee, to find a phenomenon!
More rewarding, redeeming, liberating than mine.

Sin not, to think this beauty is skin deep!
For I most earnestly, and solemnly avow!
Privileged, I have been to peer into her eyes,
And saw strength, as strength would allow.

I know not if it was my destiny, or purpose,
That I crossed paths with this wondrous dame.
Though the hubris of love makes me call her mine,
She’s as mine, as the nature one can tame.

My muse, my love, my life she is no doubt,
But as the traveller who can only rejoice,
And not claim the wonders he beholds,
I cherish her, but to be selfish, is not a choice.

Destined we are to walk together in this life.
Two halves, more than their sum, like never before.
And in the company of each other, have found,
And fostered a love that is forevermore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift...

Divide...And Destroy (Tell Me Your Sins...Part-III)

It'll Always Be Her...