A Love Beyond Façades

My dear dear friend, for once let go
The subconscious urge to visualize,
For those pesky caricatures may hinder,
Sensations far too powerful, I surmise.

'Tis her scent which registers first,
Like the aroma which heralds of first rain,
Arresting, intoxicating, addictive, euphoric,
Cleansing my being of long endured pains.

The sound of her laughter, falls to my ears,
For eons, they had longed for this music
That clear strong voice of angels, slices
Through the din, making my heart tick.

Her touch, gentle, kind, compassionate,
As if god draped her with the finest silk,
No, even silk is morbidly cold, where she
Is warm, firm, comforting, not deviously slick.

But 'tis her mind and soul that I crave,
That which makes her truly beautiful,
That which makes her understand me,
And my imperfections, yet love me plentiful.

My dear dear friend, do not ask me how
She looks, for I cannot justifiably describe.
But I'm certain she surpasses your finest
Imagination, she's all those things imbibed.

But press me if you must, then know this
Her face I cannot describe, for how can I
Without having seen hers, or yours or mine?
Alas, this is my handicap - I am face blind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift...

Divide...And Destroy (Tell Me Your Sins...Part-III)

Confessions of a Misfit