Confessions of a Misfit


Silence is not painful, but music to my ears,
Loneliness is not dejecting, but a companion most dear.
Of the many colored threads from which the social drape is knit,
I am the faint line at the border, I am a misfit…

The solitary bard I am now, once I too was a wolf in a pack.
Base joys tempted me, any path my “friends” chose seemed the right track.
But the desire to please everyone, began to take its toll,
To be a part of them, I lost my identity as a whole…

The love I harbor for literature now was once directed to a girl.
The apple of my eyes, I kept her close, as if she was an exquisite pearl.
Passion always transforms a man, and so did love, greatest of them all.
The relationship molded me to a slave who answered her every call…

Terrified as I was of reclusivity, I suffered along in shame.
“Love” and “Friendship” robbed me of myself, sparing nothing but my name.
I always knew how to laugh at myself, but I too had my human bounds.
And so realization struck me – I am not to be dallied with and then tossed around…

With realization came strength, and with strength my fears obviated.
Breaking ties with those leeches, through introspection I had my former self reinstated.
A beautiful world I found in my books, and many of them inspired my works.
Thus I moved away from the cacophony of society’s expectations, which always irk…

Nevertheless I am not antisocial, as today everyone needs to keep up appearances.
I do share nods and smiles with people around, and keep in touch with acquaintances.
I am neither averse to friendship or love, nor to be a part of the social order.
I am just waiting for the right person, someone to appreciate the fine weave at the border…

Comments

  1. ... 'fine weave at the border' that's beautiful weave of words. nice read

    ReplyDelete
  2. elegantly entwined and explicitly expressed. it felt like wearing a garland of feelings. kudos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift...

Divide...And Destroy (Tell Me Your Sins...Part-III)

It'll Always Be Her...