The feeling they call 'Teenage Love'


Some clichés never grow old...
Some stories are forever retold…
When the stars shine brighter, the moon appears huge above…
When butterflies fly in your stomach, the feeling they call ‘teenage love’…

It began with the eyes, her eyes, as it always does…
I saw her talking to a friend; mesmerized, I wanted to know who she was…
“An old friend, really sweet”, I got to know when I asked my friend…
Sweet she was alright…with an honest smile and no pretense…

For long I pined in loneliness…dying to see her again…
Browsing through her pics on fb became a ritual, giving momentary relief from the pain…
But that wasn't my destiny…my sorrow soon came to an end…
“She has joined your college”, I was told one day by my friend…

Luck sure became my best pal, as she soon joined my class…
But terrified I was, seeing her politely spurn every boy who made a pass…
Just as I started to lose hope, heart crushed with despair…
She approached me and said “Hi! Don’t we have a mutual friend we share?”…

And soon the custom of daily texting began…
Of her simplicity, humility I immediately became a fan…
From forwarded messages to intimate chats to calling each other silly names…
‘Flirting’ morphed into ‘Courting’, our love became an unwavering flame…

The proposal…the acceptance…that first tearful hug…
Sitting in the canteen gazing at each other, sipping coffee from the other’s mug…
Those walks by the library, when on her beauty I’d go on and on…
Those late night calls when she’d lull my tired mind to sleep with a song…

It’s not always a smooth ride…such are the matters of this heart…
When arguments over petty things, drive us apart…
When insanity of love becomes a paranoia and possessiveness takes hold…
An innocent mistake can be the grave of your relationship, and can never be foretold…

But sticking together through thick and thin, that’s what it’s all about…
Acceptance of pain is a part of the deal, as lovers have put it centuries throughout…
And making up to each other is anyway the best part…
The light caresses…those soft kisses…listening to the synchronous beats of our hearts…

They say there’s no future…this ‘infatuation’ will fade…
And even if it’s serious, with all the numerous family differences, such ties cannot be made…
But why gloom over the future when this moment, god is showering happiness from above?…
Why wake up to a grim reality...when I am living the dream of 'teenage love'...

Comments

  1. Amazing. I never knew you had a blog. It is amazing. Very great. keep advancing mate!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift...

Divide...And Destroy (Tell Me Your Sins...Part-III)

It'll Always Be Her...