At The Precipice (part II) – Redemption...


Dark were my days, misery brought me down to my knees..
I was blind for long, but no more, now I see..
Ripping of these blindfolds, throwing away this mortifying baggage..
Its time I pledge to redeem myself…here…at the precipice…

Gone will be the days I burnt myself trying rote..
In learning, my first true passion, time I will devote..
With no more selfish motives of improvement in helping others..
I pledge to redeem myself worthy of knowledge…here…at the precipice…

Enough have I played with my health..
Putting a stop to an orgy of poisons and splurging my wealth..
Seeking a last chance from those caring hands I turned down..
I pledge to redeem my health, happiness…here…at the precipice…

For long I’ve disregarded my parents’ love..
Now respecting and loving them back with no reserve..
Helping and caring for them, like an ideal son I’ll serve..
I pledge to redeem their love…here…at the precipice…

It’s time for me to bid my loneliness adieu..
Fulfilling the promises I made to friends, building the bonds anew..
Healing old wounds with tenderness, giving them respect long overdue..
I pledge to redeem those angels…here…at the precipice…

Cold and hard I had become, hatred was all my heart knew..
Now I hope of feeling love again, of its beauty like a winter morning’s dew..
Of being worthy of someone again, loving someone with every muscle, bone, sinew..
I pledge to redeem those butterflies in my stomach…here…at the precipice…

Only at the precipice do we evolve..
Only at the brink, we find the will to change..
Only at the edge, we find an answer..
Being just another erring human, I was no different..
Here at the precipice, realization had dawned..
And here at the precipice, my redemption begins...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift...

Divide...And Destroy (Tell Me Your Sins...Part-III)

It'll Always Be Her...