One Cool Summer Morn...

Notwithstanding the silver spoon or the aluminium cup with which we are born,
Nature is our great common wealth, priceless with gems like a cool summer morn…

And ‘tis a rare beauty that I behold, as I take a stroll down the streets…
Broken pavement stones feeling cool beneath the soles, sprouting grass caressing the feet…
A small breeze ruffles my hair, sweet and cool like a lover’s sigh…
Among the clouds the sun is no furious lord, but a maiden shy…

As I turn at the bend, I see some kids frolic, jump and laugh and sing…
Dry, beaten bodies, who have known terrible heat, enjoy a burst pipe’s spring…
A retired sour magistrate looks on from his balcony and just for a while…
Where all his power, wealth does naught to cheer, this merry sight carves a smile…

Yon a servant waters her master’s lawns and humming a tune of hope…
For once free from sorrows, unmindful of the welts where her drunken husband had groped…
Soon I cross the old, almost ancient sweet seller, who gives me a gap toothed grin…
Says,” Wish me sir so to ask my fares, this dandy morn, comes my long lost daughter, my only kin…”

Thereafter, I step in the park for some rest and a pleasant sojourn…
And I see my banker neighbour, for once off his phone, partaking in the bounty of that morn…
Couples young and old occupying the benches fill the air with sweet romance…
The vernal sharing soft kisses, the autumnal, warm caresses and the wintry, joined hands…

I take it all in, the hopes, prayers, love, happiness and the sun, breeze and scent…
Live in the moment than lose it brooding over how many such escaped me and went…

Later as I pay my dues at the office for leading a life largely content and fine…
I think back of the first light and putting aside codes, pen down these two lines -
Despair, loss, tragedies and pain may leave one’s body shattered and soul torn…
A thousand deaths life may deal us, but all it takes is a cool summer morn to be reborn…

Comments

  1. incredible!!! how do these thought enter into your mind? it is really amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift...

Divide...And Destroy (Tell Me Your Sins...Part-III)

It'll Always Be Her...