Overrated...

Blessed with supreme intellect, sentient beings us all,
Joke's surely on us, 'cause often its the cause of our fall...
Brooding on the past and future leaving our spirits jaded,
Living life a lost lifestyle now, thinking about things overrated...

What's the universal language, the energy linking us all?
Why, it's music of course! Be it a symphony of joy or gall...
And so I keep humming a tune, sing songs new or long faded,
An essential release for my soul, which thinks silence is overrated...

Home is where my heart lies, and it revels in mischief,
Teasing my brother, pestering my mom beyond all relief...
The child in me quite the poltergeist, is hardly ever sated,
And so bickering, and scuffles abound, 'cause tranquility is overrated...

Realism is my way in life, immature optimism long past,
Saving everyone a pickle - cape so small, problems too vast...
So I help the nearest child, devoting time where most needed,
Not to save the world, but for the innocent smile, 'cause philanthropy is overrated...

With everyone's cup overfilled, I keep my grief for me,
Shed tears in darkness, so even my shadow doesn't see...
I was taught to spread joy, in their glee have my grief sedated,
And so an infectious smile is always present, 'cause sharing my problems is overrated...

There’s nothing such as bad comic timing, no sir not for me,
Why? An infant's gurgling laugh, from mortal grief, sets free...
And so, much like a child, I too jest even if they're ill fated,
And laugh and make others do too, 'cause for me sensitivity is overrated...

If we were meant to look back, we'd have a pair in the back,
I take in the panorama ahead, walk beaten/unbeaten tracks...
Pass through situations, among people in love or animosity,
But never hatred, never resentments, 'cause regrets are overrated...

And so is my code, avoid all things overrated...
But to err and indulge is human, so history has stated...
I may stray, stumble, fall and end up with pain and bruise...
But I always will return, no trick can keep me, no ruse... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift...

Divide...And Destroy (Tell Me Your Sins...Part-III)

It'll Always Be Her...