Kintsugi

Crafted glistening white like fresh snow,
Unblemished, seamless, symmetrical; I was whole.
'Til catastrophe fell; assaulted and damaged
My body, but for all its vehemence, could not hurt my soul.

Shaken, and broken, I picked up the pieces;
This carcass, an assemblage of remnants, wouldn't hold.
'Tis then when my soul, a force of sheer will,
Conjured mortar from stardust, and bound my body in gold.

From hideous perfection, to glorious imperfection,
I hurt, learned, and built myself anew; only to be broken again.
'C'est la vie' I thought, and put my spirit to work.
This time, paid its weight in platinum as bind, was my pain.

Now I wait, for the storm bells to toll again.
For ring loud and proud they will, 'tis providence.
Let them come I say, for cataclysms will wreak carnage.
To my unshakable soul, my rebirth in stardust will be evidence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift...

Divide...And Destroy (Tell Me Your Sins...Part-III)

It'll Always Be Her...