A Promise...

Life goes on, people come and go...
Some turn out to be friends, some foes...
I have seen it all, the white dark and grey...
Met many people along, in most interesting ways...

Such was the case when I first saw her...
Her memory stands out among many others...
Her big round eyes made my emotionless heart sway...
Her cute face and dazzling smile took my breath away...
Fair and sweet like a princess of some fairy tale...
Her innocent beauty gave me a heady feeling, like Scottish ale...

Seasons changed and our friendship grew...
We'll hit it off so good I never knew...
The euphoria of her friendship gave me a high...
My life seemed complete; I believed I could fly...
I shared my secrets and past, bared it all...
From my all-time highs to my greatest fall...

Her childishness kept the child in me alive...
A long lost tenderness in me she revived...
I remember her coming to me for advice...
Talking of her love life in deep long sighs...
Life with her then was rosy and perfect...
But who knew her sighs would have a drastic effect...

Once when I was broken, shaken, shattered...
When nothing in my life seemed to matter...
She came to me, lifted my head...
As if an angel, awakening me from death...
That was the moment when the miracle occurred...
My heart knew she was my true love, my hummingbird...

Feelings unknown cropped up in me...
Happiness, longing, doubts, fear and anxiety...
But then she told me that she had said yes to a boy...
My heart was crushed, my life stripped of all joy...
But still I hoped she'd see my love someday...
For months, it was the only thing for which I prayed...

But god isn’t always merciful, he has his ways...
After sometime, my little ray of hope went away...
I had two options - to move on or to die...
For even if I died, for me, who'd cry???
But then cold reason entered my mind...
Telling me to move on, there are many paths to find...

Getting over her was the hardest thing I did...
Sometimes I was plain numb, sometimes I cried like a kid...
But that girl is truly one of a kind...
Coz she helped me move on, my crushed heart she did bind...
The awkwardness between us was soon past...
She made me believe that our friendship was forever to last...

Finally I felt my life back on track...
A long lost happiness in me was finally back...
The strength of our bonds grew, we became quite close...
My life was beautiful again, like a valentine rose...
But all that goes up has to come down...
From the 9th sky I fell back to the ground...

One day she told me it was better if she walked out of my life...
To ease my pain; and it was like my heart was pierced with a knife...
I broke down inside, after all to me, her friendship was a must...
But she struck again, saying that I had become hard to trust...
God! It was the biggest blow she could give...
It simply wasn't possible for me to live...

But then I recalled a promise I made...
That wherever I'd be, I'll always rush to her aide...
I would stand with her through thick and thin...
Breathe life into her if, god forbid, she'd be crushed within...
And so I'll stand by her in times of need...
Now it’s her choice, whether she pays me heed...

All ups and downs aside, one thing remains a fact...
She's my hummingbird and I'm bound to her through a sacred pact...
She resides in my heart and soul for she was my first true love...
The girl of my dreams, my gupchup......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gift...

Divide...And Destroy (Tell Me Your Sins...Part-III)

It'll Always Be Her...