The Gift...


Yet another birthday passed by, quite an eventful day…
Boundless joys at the wishes that came, for those which didn't, some dismay…
A multitude of emotions registered, but through to the core only one did sift…
The ethereal happiness which lasts, from receiving several heart-stirring gifts…

The Gift of Childhood…
As the years passed by something in me was lost…
Bitter experiences transformed me to a man serious than most…
But all the playfulness and merriment were released from chests long locked…
I saw my blithe childhood return, gazing at my sister’s gift – a puerile clock…

The Gift of Understanding…
People shy away from eccentricity, as now being unusual is akin to being freak…
In the savage world of frenzied coders, I am one of the few with a literary streak…
The rat race for certificates amuses me, for internships and projects, I never grovel…
My pal is the one who understands me, and he gifted me two beautiful novels…

The Gift of Encouragement…
In the daily gamble of high stakes, life seldom has a sense of fair-play…
This is the world of competition, where thousands sock up to pull you down every day…
When rejections became part of my daily routine and I wanted to hole up in my den…
My friends picked me up and encouraged me, gifting me the bard, an exquisite pen…

The Gift of Love…
Wherever I walked, a gaping hole, a yearning in my heart followed…
And then I met two angels, who made it whole and healed the scars of sorrow…
Loaded with responsibilities even on my birthday, the work had left me wiry…
Realizing this, my panacea gifted me love in the form of a beautiful scrapbook-cum-diary…

“Make a wish and blow the candles!” they all say and so say birthday lore…
But for me, endowed with the gifts above, truly, I want nothing more…

Comments

  1. Wonderful to see the person in this poem. Salute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... truly speechless...

    good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND THUS SPAKE ABHILASH ..... and would continue to be the voice of a genre!well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Divide...And Destroy (Tell Me Your Sins...Part-III)

It'll Always Be Her...